- Location: Alden Invitational (Providence, R.I.)
- The Lead: Assumption had six different student-athletes earn at least one fifth place finish, with one new school record as the Hounds opened their season Saturday at the Alden Invitational at Brown University.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) came through with a tenth place finish in the 200 meters with his time of 23.95, while classmate Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin) took seventh in the 300 meters in 36.29, setting a new school record.
- Sophomore Thomas Helms (North Reading, Mass. / North Reading) finished the 500 meters in 1:11.21 to take fifth. Junior Max Michaud (Northboro, Mass. / Algonquin) opened his junior year strong with a fourth place finish in the 1000 meters, in 2:35.79. In the mile event, William Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) took fourth overall with a time of 4:27.54.
- Freshman Joseph Jepsen (Sutton, Mass. / Sutton) placed seventh in the high jump, reaching a height of 5'11.5" in his first collegiate meet. Derek Girouard (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee), meanwhile, placed fifth in the pole vault with a height of 12'11.5".
- In the long jump, Cameron Donoghue (Yarmouth Port, Mass. / Barnstable) took fourth in 21'2" while freshman Isaac Sequeira (North Dartmouth, Mass. / Dartmouth) earned triple jump mark of 42'5.25" to place fourth in the event.
- Senior Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) took sixth in the shot put with a distance of 45'6.5" for the best finish among all throwers.
- The whole team returns to action on January 11, when they compete at the Spartan Invitational on Staten Island.