- Event: Dartmouth Relays
- Location: Leverone Field House (Hanover, N.H.)
- The Lead: Assumption's men's and women's throwers opened their 2019 season against some tough Division I competition at the Dartmouth Relays over the weekend.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the women's shot put, junior Emily Casella (Athol, Mass. / Athol) placed fifth overall in the event, throwing a distance of 40'7.5" while classmate Roxann Wint (Boston, Mass. / Newton North) was one spot behind her in sixth with a throw of 38"3.5". Sophomore Mikaylah Schwartz (Dracut, Mass. / Dracut) was 12th with a distance of 35'8".
- On the men's side, Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) took 10th in the shot put. The senior threw it 46'6.25", followed by William Bennett (Tewksbury, Mass. / Tewksbury) was placed 13th with a distance of 43'9.25".
- In the weight throw, freshman Ryan Burns (Danville, N.H. / Central Catholic) took 19th with his distance of 37'9.25". On the women's side Casella took 11th with her distance of 43'9" while Jillian Shenian (Whitinsville, Mass. / Northbridge) was 12th in 42'6.75". Wint and Megan Sheehan (Newton, N.H. / Sanborn Regional) placed 13th and 14th in the event.
- The whole team returns to action on Jan. 19 when they compete at the Sorlein Invitational.