- Event: David Hemery Valentine Invitational – Feb. 9
- Location: Boston University (Boston, Mass.)
- Event: URI Coaches Tribute Invitational – Feb. 9
- Location: University of Rhode Island (Providence, R.I.)
- The Lead: Assumption men's track and field posted one new school record on Saturday and had a number of strong finishes in its final meet before the NE10 Championships next weekend
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin) came through with a new school record in the 400 meters, topping his own mark with a time of 49.40 seconds. He placed 44th at the David Hemery Invitational with the time.
- Sophomore Cameron Donoghue (Yarmouth Port, Mass. / Barnstable) placed eighth in the long jump with a distance of 6.07 meters. He also took third in the triple jump with a leap of 13.14 meters. Samuel Baker (Bedford, Mass. / Shawsheen Tech) placed sixth in the event with a jump of 13.07 meters.
- Junior Kevin Hack (Uxbridge, Mass. / Nipmuc Regional) won the high jump with a leap of 2.00 meters, edging out the second place jumper by 0.10 meters. Hack also placed eighth in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.87 seconds. Sophomore Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) edged him out with a time of 8.66 seconds.
- In the pole vault, sophomore Derek Girouard (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) placed fifth with a height of 4.05 meters.
- Senior Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) placed 12th in the shot put with a distance of 13.55 meters, while Kristopher Selanis (Athol, Mass. / Athol) was one spot behind him in 13th with a toss of 13.47 meters. Selanis then took 15th in the weight throw at 12.23 meters.
- The team returns to action on Feb. 16-17 when the Hounds compete in the NE10 Championship hosted at Smith College.