- Event: Yellow Jacket Invitational
- Place: 5th/12
- Dates: April 6, 2019
- Location: Springfield, Mass.
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team had a number of strong performances this past Saturday at the Yellow Jacket Invitational hosted by AIC.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior John Plisko (Moosic, Pa. / Riverside) won the javelin with a throw of 55.60 meters. Jeffrey Chicca (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) placed sixth in the event (50.06) while Kevin Hack (Uxbridge, Mass. / Nipmuc) was eighth (47.34) and Daniel Florendo (Scotch Plains, N.J. / Union Catholic) took ninth (46.78).
- Freshman Kristopher Selanis (Athol, Mass. / Athol) earned second in the shot put with a throw of 14.20 meters. Senior Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) took fourth (13.83) while William Bennett (Tewksbury, Mass. / Tewksbury) was behind him in fifth (13.47). Ryan Burns (Danville, N.H. / Central Catholic) took eighth with his throw of 12.51 meters. Bruso then took ninth in the discus with a toss of 37.54 meters.
- Sophomore Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) won the 110 hurdles with a season-best time of 15.37 seconds. Cameron Donoghue (Yarmouth Port, Mass. / Barnstable) was ninth in 16.24 seconds. In the 400 meters, Christopher Carey (South Dennis, Mass. / Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) came through with a fourth place finish in 57.43 seconds.
- Freshman Tom Helms (North Reading, Mass. / North Reading) came through with a seventh place finish in the 400 meters with a time of 52.93 meters. In the 800 meters, junior Daniel DeLuca (Riverside, R.I / East Providence) came in sixth with his time of 2:02.01.
- Assumption 4x400 relay placed fifth with a time of 3:28.58 seconds. Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin) led off, followed by Carey, Kyle Belmonte (Charlton, Mass. / Shepherd Hill) and Joseph Jepsen (Sutton, Mass. / Sutton).
- The team returns to action next weekend when they compete at the Ocean State Invitational, hosted by Providence.