- Score: Assumption 57, Roberts Wesleyan 51
- Records: Assumption (1-0), Roberts Wesleyan (0-1)
- Location: Rochester, N.Y. (Voller Athletic Center)
- The Lead: After Roberts Wesleyan came out to a quick 8-0 lead, the Hounds answered with a 10-0 run. The Red Hawks would close the gap within three in the fourth quarter, but Assumption made their free throws to be able to seal the 57-51 victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Roberts Wesleyan jumped out to a quick 8-0 lead before Assumption went on a 10-0 run in the first quarter to take a 10-8 lead with 3:15 remaining. The Hounds led 12-10 at the end of the first quarter and only allowed the Red Hawks to score two points over the final 7:27 of the period.
- The Hounds came out with a quick 6-0 run in the second to extend their lead to eight. Assumption managed to hold the Red Hawks to four points in the second quarter while the Hounds scored thirteen to lead 23-14 at half.
- The Red Hawks came out ready to play in the second half and scored seventeen points while the Hounds were unable to string more than a 3-0 run together. Roberts Wesleyan outscored Assumption 17-16 in the third quarter although the Hounds kept an eight point lead at 39-31.
- The Red Hawks scored 20 points in the fourth and were able to close the gap to three points. Roberts Wesleyan began to foul at the end to try and regain possession quickly. The Hounds made all of their free throws to solidify the 57-51 victory in their season opener.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hounds tallied 13 assists, four steals and 16 turnovers on the night while they shot 69.2% at the free throw line. The Red Hawks earned 11 assists, five steals and committed 18 fouls on the night while they shot 31.1% from the field.
-Senior Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass./Ursuline Academy) led the Hounds with 21 points and added eight rebounds and three steals on the night. Brianna Capacchione (Washington Township, N.J./Washington Township) led in rebounds with ten while also contributing nine points and one assist. Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass./St. Mary's) contributed six points, six rebounds, two blocks and one steal to round out the night.
- The Hounds are back on the court tomorrow, November 10, at 2 p.m. against Daeman in the Roberts Wesleyan Tip-Off Tournament.