- Score: Daeman 73, Assumption 48
- Records: Daeman (1-1), Assumption (1-1)
- Location: Rochester, N.Y. (Voller Athletic Center)
- The Lead: Daeman jumped out to a quick 15-11 lead after the first quarter and held a ten point lead (27-17) at half despite Assumption's persistence to stay in the game. The Hounds were only able to lessen the lead to 11 before the Wildcats took over and won the game 73-48.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds scored the first points of the game to lead 2-0 right off the bat. The game was tied at four when Daeman went on a 9-0 run to extend their lead to 11 (13-4). Assumption rallied a 4-0 run along with a buzzer beater three by Brittani LeBlanc (Townsend, Mass./North Middlesex Regional) at the end of the quarter to get within four (15-11).
- No points were scored for either team until about a minute and a half into the second quarter where the Wildcats hit a three to start their 5-0 stretch and take a 20-11 lead. Daeman made a pair of free throws at the 2:54 mark to extend their lead to ten (27-17) and neither team scored for the remainder of the half.
- The Hounds came out in the third quarter and scored the first two points off free throws and lessened the lead to eight (27-19). Assumption was unable to get the lead any lower due to two 4-0 runs by the Wildcats and a basket with eight seconds remaining in the quarter to extend their lead to 15 (49-35).
- The Wildcats dominated the fourth quarter and ended with a 15-0 rally (73-44) with 2:24 remaining in the game that the Hounds could not recover from. Assumption scored four points before the buzzer ended the game at 73-48.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hounds ended the game with a 28.1 shooting percentage, 21.4 three-point shooting percentage and 76.9 free throw percentage. The team recorded 28 total rebounds and seven steals along with 19 turnovers and 18 personal fouls.
- Daeman ended shooting 52.0% from the field, 40.0% from the three-point line and only 65.0% from the free throw line. The Wildcats committed 18 turnovers and earned three blocks, 14 steals and 15 assists.
- Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass./Ursuline Academy) led the Hounds with 11 points, three steals, four assists and five rebounds while Abby McKanna (Narragansett, R.I./Narragansett) tallied nine points, one assist and one rebound.
- Jordan Hawkins (Glen Burnie, Md./Glen Burnie) came off the bench and contributed seven points and two rebounds along with LeBlanc who earned five points and on steal.
- The Hounds are on the road again Wednesday, November 14, at Merrimack for their first conference game of the year at 5:30 p.m.