- Score: Saint Anselm 75, Assumption 61
- Records: Saint Anselm (4-0, 2-0 NE10), Assumption (2-2, 1-1 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption led by three at the end of the first quarter until Saint Anselm took over and scored 22 points in the second quarter to lead the Hounds 35-31 at half. The Hawks extended their lead with a 7-0 run to start the half and the Hounds lessened the lead to three before Saint Anselm took over and won 75-61.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds started off strong and went on a 10-0 run to end the first quarter leading 18-15 after Brianna Capacchione (Washington Township, N.J./Washington Township) made a three with 30 seconds left. Assumption extended their lead to eight early in the second that Saint Anselm answered with a 9-0 run to tie the game at 23 apiece. The Hawks ended the half with a 5-0 rally to take a 35-31 lead at the half.
- The Hawks came out strong in the third quarter and put together a 7-0 streak to take an eleven point lead. They extended their lead to ten with a layup by Shannon Ryan. The Hounds were unable to string more than four points together, but fought back to lessen the Hawks' lead to four at the end of the third (51-47).
- The Hawks put together a 6-0 run about halfway through the fourth to take a 61-53 lead before the Hounds started to foul with a minute remaining with the Hawks' lead at ten. The Hawks converted at the free throw line and earned the 75-61 conference win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Capacchione led for the Hounds with 19 points and 10 rebounds to earn her first double-double of the season. Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass./Ursuline Academy) earned 12 points, two rebounds and three assists in the game while Jordan Hawkins (Glen Burnie, Md./Glen Burnie) scored 12 points and added six rebounds, two assists and one steal.
- The leading scorer for the Hawks was Ryan with 23 points followed by Peyton Steinman with 21 and Sara Messler with ten. The Hawks shot 47.2% from the field, 36.4% from three and 72.4% from the free throw line while they earned 33 rebounds, 11 assists and 11 steals.
- The Hounds shot 41.1% from the floor, 21.1% from three and 61.1% from the free throw line while earning 34 rebounds, 15 assists and six steals.
- The Hounds are on the road again Tuesday, November 20, to face Bentley at 6 p.m.