- Score: Assumption 86, Georgian Court 55
- Records: Assumption (3-3, 1-2 NE10), Georgian Court (0-6)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption earned an 86-55 victory over Georgian Court where the Hounds battled from the beginning to have a ten point lead after the first and a fifteen point lead at half. Assumption dominated in rebounds throughout and to earn the 31-point victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Meghan Cramb (New Boston, N.H./Bishop Guertin) broke a 4-4 tie with a triple and Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass./Ursuline Academy) followed with one of her own for the 10-4 lead midway through the first period. Georgian Court responded with four straight points to pull within two, however, the Hounds finished the final four minutes on a 10-2 run to grab a 20-10 advantage after one quarter.
- Each team scored four points through the first five minutes, before four straight from Brianna Capacchione (Sewell, N.J./Washington Township) stretched the lead to 28-14 with 3:31 remaining. Assumption outscored Georgian Court by one point over the final 3:30, with seven from Jordan Hawkins (Glen Burnie, Md./Glen Burnie), to go into the half with a 37-22 lead.
- The Lions cut the deficit to 39-26 just 1:06 into the period, but nine straight from the Hounds extended the lead to 48-26 with 6:38 remaining. The two teams traded points the remainder of the quarter with the Lions outscoring the Hounds 14-12.
- Assumption extended their lead to 25 (65-40) after a Meghan Reen (Norwood, Mass./Norwood) three-pointer just 47 seconds into the fourth. The Lions were unable to get within 20 the remainder of the games and the Hounds took the 86-55 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hawkins and Cramb led the team with 18 points apiece, which were career highs for both players, followed by Capacchione and O'Donnell with 15 each. Hawkins also grabbed seven rebounds and three blocks while Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) earned seven rebounds, six points and two assists.
- As a team, the Hounds shot 47.1 percent from the floor, 42.1 percent from three and 80.0 percent from the free throw line while combining for ten steals, 24 assists, and 48 rebounds.
- The Lions were led by Destiny Thompson with 17 points, six rebounds and two steals followed by Jada Atchison with 16 points, three assists and three rebounds. As a team, Georgian Court shot 41.1 percent from the field, 14.3 percent from three and 53.8 percent from the foul line while earning ten steals, ten assists, and 25 rebounds.
- The Hounds are back home on Wednesday, November 28, against Saint Michael's at 5:30 p.m.