- Score: Assumption 69, Saint Michael's 58
- Records: Assumption (4-3, 2-2 NE10), Saint Michael's (2-4, 1-3 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption jumped out on Saint Michael's with a 23-point lead after the first quarter that the Purple Knights were unable to recover from until the fourth where they lessened the Hounds' lead to twelve. Saint Michael's ran out of time and fell to the Hounds 69-58.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass./Ursuline Academy) gave Assumption a 2-0 lead before Saint Michael's tied it up at 8:21. The Purple Knights didn't score again in the period as the Hounds' defense forced a number of tough shots. Assumption, meanwhile led 14-2 midway through the period and capped the first off with threes by Abby McKanna (Narragansett, R.I./Narragansett) and Katherine Golden (Millis, Mass./Millis) for a 25-2 advantage.
- Saint Michael's ended their scoring drought after ten minutes, scoring with 7:58 left in the half to trail 27-4. The Purple Knights then went on a 12-4 run over the next five minutes to trail 31-16 with three minutes remaining.
- Jordan Hawkins (Glen Burnie, Md./Glen Burnie) extended the lead to 23 points to open the third, however, Saint Michael's responded with an 8-2 run to cut the deficit to 41-24. Brianna Capacchione (Washington Township, N.J./Washington Township) ended the run with a three, but the two teams traded baskets over the next six minutes. The Purple Knights scored the final five points of the period to trail 53-36.
- The Purple Knights outscored the Hounds 22-16 in the fourth with Nicole Anderson scoring 11 points herself. Saint Michael's ended the game with a 5-2 run, but ran out of time and fell 69-58.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- O'Donnell led for the Hounds with 23 points and nine rebounds along with adding two assists and three steals on the night. Capacchione followed with 15 points, eight rebounds and four assists while McKanna contributed eight points. Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass./St. Mary's) led Assumption with 12 rebounds.
- Anderson led for the Purple Knights with 19 points and three rebounds while Emily Ferreri added ten points and five assists. Taylor Miller led in rebounds with eight along with eight points.
- The Hounds shot 37.7% from the field, 26.9% from three and 80.0% from the free throw line while grabbing 43 total rebounds, 16 assists and six steals.
- Saint Michael's shot 37.3% from the floor, 42.9% from three and 50.0% from the foul line and earned 34 rebounds, 15 assists and ten steals.
- The Hounds home on Saturday, December 1, at 1:30 p.m. to face-off against another conference opponent in Southern N.H.