- Score: Assumption 63, Franklin Pierce 59
- Records: Assumption (8-3, 5-2 NE10), Franklin Pierce (2-9, 0-7 NE10)
- Location: Rindge, N.H. (The Fieldhouse)
- The Lead: Despite an early eight-point lead for Franklin Pierce and a four-point lead at the half, Assumption battled back to earn a 63-59 victory after the Hounds outscored the Ravens 17-10 in the fourth to earn their fifth conference win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Franklin Pierce jumped out to a quick start making a three just twelve seconds in to play. The Ravens led by as much as five in the first quarter following an Izzy Lipinski layup at the 4:51 mark. Assumption went on their own 5-0 run with a layup by Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass./St. Mary's) to tie the game at 12. Both teams would only score four points each in the remaining four minutes to end the quarter tied 16-16.
- Assumption took the lead in the second quarter (20-19) following a 4-0 rally finished by Brianna Capacchione (Washington Township, N.J./Washington Township) with a fast break layup. The Ravens took another five point lead (31-26) with 4:15 left in the half after a layup and a free throw by Rylee Skinner and extended their lead to seven (33-26) after a pair of foul shots by Claudia Tucci. The Hounds would lessen the lead to four after layups by Jordan Hawkins (Glen Burnie, Md./Glen Burnie) and Katherine Golden (Millis, Mass./Millis) with 35 seconds left to send the game to halftime where the Ravens led 34-30.
- The Ravens had a seven-point lead with 6:24 remaining in the third quarter (43-36) before Capacchione made a jump shot to spark a 5-0 run by the Hounds. Franklin Pierce had a six-point lead (49-43) with seventeen seconds remaining before Meghan Cramb (New Boston, N.H./Bishop Guertin) knocked down a three with one second left in the quarter to lessen the Ravens' lead to three at the end of the quarter.
- The Hounds jumped in to the fourth quarter with a 4-0 rally to take a 51-49 lead at the 8:31 mark. Both teams traded baskets until 1:31 left in the game when the Hounds took a one-point lead (60-59) after a Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass./Ursuline Academy) layup. With 20 seconds left, the Ravens began fouling to try and gain possession where Capacchione would make three of her four attempts to earn her team the 63-59 victory over Franklin Pierce.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hounds were led by O'Donnell with 16 points followed by Capacchione with a double-double of 14 points and 11 rebounds along with three steals on the night. Cramb added twelve points while Hawkins contributed nine points and five rebounds.
- Franklin Pierce was led by Lisa Sulejmani with 17 points and six assists followed by Tucci with 11 points. Sophia Holmes added ten points while Hannah Everidge earned eight.
- Assumption shot 48.9 percent from the floor, 26.7 percent from three and 68.2 percent from the foul line while earning 43 total rebounds and eight assists while Franklin Pierce shot 33.9 percent from the field, 33.3 percent from three and 70.6 percent from the foul line while they collected 27 rebounds and 14 assists.
- Assumption is back on the court at the Stonehill Holiday Classic on Saturday, December 29, against Philadelphia Sciences at 2 p.m.