- Score: Assumption 66, Franklin Pierce 62
- Records: Assumption (4-2, 2-0 NE10), Franklin Pierce (3-3, 0-2 NE10)
- Location: Rindge, N.H.
- The Lead: Brianna Capacchione (Washington Township, N.J./Washington Township) led Assumption to their second conference win over Franklin Pierce outscoring the Ravens 24-17 in the fourth quarter for the victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Ravens set the tone in the first quarter with the first six-points of the game before the Hounds strung together three-points themselves. The two teams traded baskets the remainder of the quarter with Katherine Golden (Millis, Mass./Millis) making a three-pointer for the Hounds in the final 13 seconds to get the Hounds within three (13-10) after the first ten minutes of play.
- Franklin Pierce came out in the second quarter strong making a three just 40 seconds in to extend their lead to six (16-10). Capacchione answered for Assumption with a three herself to get the Hounds back within three (16-13) with 8:37 left in the half. The Ravens knocked down another three only for Capacchione to respond once again with her own about 30 seconds later. Franklin Pierce then went on a 7-0 run to make their lead ten with just 5:20 left to play in the second quarter. The Hounds strung together a 4-0 run to get within six (26-20) and then ended the half with five-straight points to only be down three headed into halftime (28-25).
- The Hounds came out and scored the first two-points of the second half to get within one (28-27) before the Ravens went on a 4-0 run themselves. The two traded points until the Ravens went on a 7-0 streak to extend their lead to nine (41-32) before Anna Shaughnessy (Attleboro Falls, Mass./Bishop Feehan) knocked down a three to jumpstart Assumption's own seven-point streak to get back within two (41-39) with 1:26 left in the third quarter. Franklin Pierce ended the quarter with a three-point lead (45-42).
- The fourth quarter started with Franklin Pierce scoring four unanswered points to take a 49-44 lead before the Hounds scored five-straight with a free throw by Shaughnessy to tie the game at 49. The Hounds later took their first lead of the game when Capacchione hit a three to lead the Ravens 52-51 with 4:08 left to play. The Ravens tied the game up four times before Assumption was able to string together five-straight points for their largest lead of five (63-58) with 22 seconds left to play and eventually earned the 66-62 road win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Capacchione led the Hounds with 20 points, six rebounds, two assists and one steal while Ja'Lyn Armstrong (Baltimore, Md./Institute of Notre Dame) contributed 14 points and two rebounds. Shaughnessy added 14 points, three rebounds, one steal and one block off the bench while Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass./St. Mary's) led the Hounds with 11 rebounds.
- The Hounds shot 44.9 percent from the floor, 33.3 percent from three, with Capacchione making five, and 65.0 percent from the foul line while also adding 33 rebounds, 16 assists, nine steals and one block to the game.
- Franklin Pierce shot 45.3 percent from the field, 37.5 percent from beyond the arc, and 64.7 percent from the foul line while grabbing 30 rebounds, 13 assists, six steals and four blocks.
- Assumption is back home on Sunday, December 1, at 1:30 p.m. when they host Stonehill.