- Tournament: Le Moyne Fall Invitational
- Results 9th/10 -
- Dates: September 16-17, 2018
- Location: Jamesville, N.Y. (The Pompey Club)
- The Lead: Assumption was in seventh after the first day of action but added six strokes on the final day of competition to take ninth at the Le Moyne Fall Invitational held at The Pompey Club.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Catherine French (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional) was Assumption's top golfer as she tied for eighth overall with a two-day score of 161. The junior shot an 82 on the opening day and dropped her score to a 79 today, finishing just six shots out of the top three.
- Junior Christine Cutting (Scituate, Mass. / Scituate) placed second for Assumption as she tied for 28th overall with a 173 (86, 87). Freshman Carly Romano (Wake Forest, N.C. / Heritage) took third for the team with a 186 (89, 97) while Samantha Leary (Hingham, Mass. / Hingham) was fourth with a 190 (95, 95). Mia Rapoza (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) placed fifth for the team with a 201 (102, 99).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- West Chester won the event with a 634, eight strokes ahead of Franklin Pierce who had a 643. Gannon (656) placed third. Post (706) and Saint Rose (708) just edged out Assumption (710) after improving their scores by more than ten strokes on the second day of completion, while Assumption added six strokes to its second-day total.
- The Hounds return to the links this coming Sunday-Monday, when they take part in the Franklin Pierce Fall Invitational.