- Score: No. 1 Le Moyne 14, No. 17 Assumption 6
- Records: Le Moyne (19-0), Assumption (14-5)
- Location: Syracuse, N.Y. (Ted Grant Field)
- The Lead: No. 17 Assumption took a 1-0 lead early in the first half, but Le Moyne responded with seven of the next eight goals to grab the lead for good on the way to a 14-6 victory in the NE10 Semifinals on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Sarah Reilly (Fairfield, Conn. / Fairfield-Warde) gave the Assumption the 1-0 lead 1:21 into the contest. Le Moyne answered with three straight goals over the next seven minutes to take a 3-1 lead. Junior Callie Dwyer (Merrimack, N.H. / Merrimack) ended the run with a free position goal at 17:70, though the Dolphins scored less than a minute later for a 5-2 advantage.
- Le Moyne added two more goals for a 7-2 lead with 9:39 left in the half. Reilly picked up her second goal at 8:27. The Dolphins scored again but Emily Spath (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) tallied her lone goals with 3:51 left for an 8-4 margin at the half.
- Each team scored once over the first nine minutes of the second half for a 9-5 score. The Dolphins scored twice in a one-minute span for the 11-5 advantage and then pushed it to 12-5 with 15:27 left in regulation. They added two goals in the final ten minutes and Reilly scored her fourth in between the two Le Moyne scores for the 14-6 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Le Moyne more than doubled up Assumption's shot total, 37-17, while winning more draw controls (11-9) and picking up more ground balls 26-11.
- Reilly led the offense with a four goals while Kailyn Hart (Cohoes, N.Y. / Shaker) dished off a pair of assists. Defensively, Marran Oakman (Kennebunk, Maine / Kennebunk) picked up five draw controls with one caused turnover, while Helen Tautkus (Laconia, N.H. / Laconia) had two caused turnovers and two ground balls.
- Freshman Allie Collins (Natick, Mass. / Natick) finished with 13 saves while allowing 14 goals in the contest to take the loss, while Hannah George gave up five goals and stopped seven shots.
- Should Assumption not earn a spot in the NCAA Tournament, Reilly finished her season with school-records of 99 points and 73 goals this season. She also owns the career scoring mark with 273 points. Meghan Cushing (Gorham, Maine / Gorham), meanwhile holds school records for games played (71), ground balls (180) and caused turnovers (75).
- Assumption's senior class has 38 career victories, the most of any lacrosse program, male or female, in school history.
- Assumption awaits its NCAA Tournament fate with the NCAA women's lacrosse selection show on Sunday evening at 8:30 p.m.