- Score: Assumption 1, Le Moyne 0
- Records: Assumption (6-6, 5-4 NE10), Le Moyne (3-9, 1-8 NE10)
- Location: Syracuse, N.Y. (Ted Grant Field)
- The Lead: Senior Kallie Villemaire (Plattsburgh, N.Y. / Beekmantown) provided the lone goal of the game in the 16th minute and the defense did the rest as Assumption took down Le Moyne 1-0 on Wednesday afternoon in conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption's second shot of the afternoon proved to be the game-winner for Villemaire. The senior received a great through ball from Johnna Caporuscio (Wayne, N.J. / Wayne Hills) outran the defense on the pass ahead and sent in a low shot from 16 yards out underneath the charging keeper at 15:40 to provide the one-goal advantage.
- Each team put two more shots on net over the next 30 minutes but the score went to the half at 1-0. In the second, each team totaled six shots. Le Moyne's best chance to draw even came in the final five minutes, however, the Dolphins were ruled offside on the play, which gave possession back to Assumption.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption held a slight 12-11 shot advantage in the contest and had one more corner kick (3-2). Villemaire's goal was her ninth of the year.
- Junior Alexis Nason (Saco, Maine / Thornton Academy) earned her second straight shutout, making six saves to secure the win for the Hounds. Anastasija Cumika took the loss as she stopped three shots in defeat.
-The Hounds return to action on Saturday when the team takes on AIC at 5 p.m. on the road.