- Score: Assumption 1, Georgian Court 0
- Records: Assumption (3-0-0, 1-0-0 NE10), Georgian Court (2-3-0, 0-0-0 CACC)
- Location: Worcester, Mass (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: Morgan Jameson (Stratham, N.H. / Exeter) scored with less than two minutes left in the first half and Allie Perry (Richmond, R.I. / The Prout School) made a diving save on a penalty kick to lead the Assumption Greyhounds 1-0 over the Georgian Court Lions for their third straight shutout to start the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-In setting up Jameson's goal, teammate Alexis Stowell (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) fought for possession of the ball down the right side in the offensive zone. She put it out front to Morgan Paquin (Mapleville, R.I. / Lasalle Academy / Sacred Heart), who gave the ball a tap back to Jameson. She took the ball and rocketed a shot into the upper corner of the net for the 1-0 lead.
-Jameson's goal stood as the game-winner thanks to Perry's heroics. At the 55:23 mark, Perry faced a penalty kick from the Lions' Kaitlin Lister. Lister's kick went right, but Perry slid and made a diving stop to prevent the score. She then fought off a Georgian Court attack that spent 56% of their time in the offensive zone.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-The Hounds outshot the Lions 13-7 and produced five corner kicks, while Georgian Court produced six. Diana Bruggeman (Natick, Mass. / Natick) led the team with four shots.
-Paquin's assist gives her at least one point in each of her first three games. She scored in her team's win over Bloomfield and added one assist in its game against American International. Jameson's goal is her first of her collegiate career.
-Perry, a sophomore, made her first collegiate start as well. She made three saves to earn the win and the shutout, improving to 1-0-0 on the year. Alyssa Dias started in net for the Lions and made two saves but fell to 0-1-0.
-Assumption has not allowed a goal in any of their first three games this season and have a second-best 19.3 shots per game within the Northeast-10 Conference.
- The Hounds host Southern Conn. St. on Tuesday, September 24, at 4 p.m.