- Score: No. 24 Pace 4, Assumption 1
- Records: Pace (8-1-0, 4-1-0 NE10), Assumption (3-1-1, 1-1-1 NE10)
- Location: Pleasantville, N.Y. (Pace Stadium)
- The Lead: Four different players scored for the No. 24 Pace Setters in a 4-1 win over the Assumption Greyhounds, sending the Hounds home with their first loss on the season after opening with three straight shutouts.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Setters went into half with a 2-0 lead and the Hounds couldn't recover. Freshman Cecilia Puentes scored just 9:25 into the first half, followed by a goal from Megan Garrity just 4:13 later. The Hounds then settled, getting off two shots before the end of the half.
-Pace then stretched its lead to 3-0 at the 73:43 mark on a goal from Shannon Glenn, with Victoria Barris picking up her second assist. The Hounds then pulled back within two at the 81:28 mark when Annie Irwin (Norwood, Mass. / Montrose School) put a ball into the top corner of the net. Pace answered with a goal from Mackenzie Green just 50 seconds later for the 4-1 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-Pace outshot the Hounds 17-5, including a 12-3 advantage in the second half. Pace also held a 6-1 advantage in corners, including a 4-1 advantage in the second half.
-Irwin's goal gives her two in as many games. A freshman, she has tallied at least one point in four of her first five games, netting two goals and two assists along with 18 shots on net.
-Alexis Nason (Saco, Maine / Thornton Academy) made six saves, including back-to-back diving saves in the second half, but fell to 1-1-1 on the year. With her start, Nason also moves into third place for most starts by a goalkeeper in the program's history.
- The Hounds travel to Bentley on Wednesday, October 2, for a 3:30 p.m. start.