- Score: Bentley 1, Assumption 0
- Records: Bentley (3-4-1, 2-3-0 NE10), Assumption (3-2-1, 1-2-1 NE10)
- Location: Waltham, Mass. (Bentley Field)
- The Lead: With a rainy fog covering the field and visibly wet conditions, the Bentley Falcons defeated the Assumption Greyhounds 1-0 at Bentley Field on Wednesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-Bentley's Liliana Silva scored the game's lone goal at the 48:35 mark in the second half. Silva gained possession of the ball around the top of the box and fired a shot that found the bottom left corner for the 1-0 lead.
-Silva's goal stood as the equalizer despite the Hounds' eight second half shots. They forced Falcons goalie Kat Hassapis to make five saves in the second half, including saves on a bending shot from Annie Irwin (Norwood, Mass. / Montrose School) at the 73:59 mark and then again on a quick touch from Irwin at the 80:31 mark.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-The Hounds outshot Bentley 10-9, including an 8-2 advantage in the second half. Bentley held a 4-1 advantage in corner kicks however.
-Irwin led the team with five shots, all on goal. She has had four or more shots in four of her first six games and has added two goals and two assists during that span. She maintains a .609 shot percentage (14-for-23) during those same six games.
-Alexis Nason (Saco, Maine / Thornton Academy) made four saves, but fell to 1-2-1 on the year. Hassapis made seven saves for the Falcons and improved to 3-4-1.
- The Hounds host Saint Anselm on Saturday, October 5, beginning at 4 p.m.