- Score: No. 22 Southern N.H. 4, Assumption 0
- Records: No. 22 Southern N.H. (9-3-0, 6-3-0 NE10), Assumption (6-3-1, 3-3-1 NE10)
- Location: Hooksett N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
- The Lead: The No. 22 Southern N.H. Penmen received two goals from Allyson Patterson, a goal and an assist from Dorthea Glorud and two assists from Sydney Carney in a 4-0 win over the Assumption Greyhounds on Saturday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Penmen scored twice in each half. Glorud put her team on the board just 4:18 into the contest on an assist by Carney. She later assisted Patterson at the 21:08 mark to put her team up 2-0 by halftime.
-Patterson struck again just over five minutes into the second half at the 50:18 mark for her second of the game. Alexis Fruzzetti put her team up by four at the 78:01 mark, assisted by Carney, for the 4-0 final. The Hounds had a couple good looks in the second half, producing nine shots and forcing four saves, but unfortunately couldn't find the back of the net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-Southern N.H. outshot the Hounds 19-17 and produced six corner kicks to Assumption's one. Diana Bruggeman (Natick, Mass. / Natick) and Alexis Stowell (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) shared a team-high four shots.
-Saturday's game marked just the second time the Hounds were shut out this season, an adage to the team's offensive output this season, producing 1.36 goals per game and 14.2 shots per game while only allowing 1.16 goals per game.
-Alexis Nason (Saco, Maine / Thornton Academy) made six saves but fell to 5-3-1, her first loss in five contests. Hannah Rose made nine saves for the Penmen and improved to 9-3-0 on the year.
- The Hounds host Stonehill on Tuesday, October 19, with kickoff set for 7 p.m.