- Score: Assumption 0, Saint Michael's 0
- Records: Assumption (7-4-2, 4-4-2 NE10), Saint Michael's (5-7-1, 1-7-1 NE10)
- Location: Colchester, Vt. (Duffy Field)
- The Lead: The Assumption Greyhounds played aggressively, outshooting the Saint Michael's Purple Knights 22-17 and producing seven corners to Saint Michael's three, but ended things in a scoreless tie on Saturday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Hounds outshot the Purple Knights 11-7 in the first half and produced four corners to Saint Michael's one, but remained scoreless heading into halftime. They then outshot Saint Michael's 10-5 in the second half and even had a nice header by Johnna Caporuscio (Wayne, N.J. / Wayne Hills) at the 83:46 mark coming off a Victoria Stowell (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) corner, but could not find the back of the net.
-Assumption then turned away five shots in overtime to preserve the tie and had one shot turned away by the Purple Knights. Saint Michael's produced two corner kicks to Assumption's one and Assumption turned away both tries.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-Assumption outshot the Skyhawks 22-17 and 7-3 in corner kicks. They out-produced the Purple Knights 21-12 in shots during regulation as well.
-Diana Bruggeman (Natick, Mass. / Natick) produced a team-high and career-high nine shots for the Hounds.
-Saturday marked the fifth shutout of the season for Assumption.
-Alexis Nason (Saco, Maine / Thornton Academy) made three saves and moved to 5-4-2 on the year. Liz Vallatini also made three saves for the Purple Knights and moved to 4-6-1 on the year.
- The Hounds travel to New Haven on Wednesday, October 30, for a 4 p.m. start.