- Score: Assumption 5, Holy Cross 2
- Records: Assumption (1-1), Holy Cross (0-3)
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: Assumption earned its fourth consecutive victory over Division I Holy Cross on Sunday afternoon, taking down the Crusaders 5-2 on the road.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption swept doubles action in dominating fashion. Julia Chappell (Manchester, N.H. / Manchester Central) and Maria Monje (Worcester, Mass. / Holy Name) came away with a 6-1 win at No. 1 one while Camille Latoni (San Juan, P.R. / Academia Maria Reina) and Paige Benoit (Holden, Mass. / St. Peter Marian Central Catholic) followed it up with a 6-1 victory. At No. 3, Valeria Sanchez (Carolina, P.R. / Colegio La Piedad) and Ana Maria Escuerdo (Rockville, M.D. / Richard Montgomery) completed the sweep with a 6-3 win at No. 3.
- In singles play, Escuerdo secured a 6-2, 6-0 victory at No. 6, while Latoni earned a 6-0, 6-1 win in fourth flight singles. Sanchez had a straight-set victory at No. 5, 6-4, 6-3.
- Chappell pulled off a strong victory at No. 1 singles in straight sets to provide the Hounds their fifth point of the day. Holy Cross did come away with three-set victories at No. 2 and No. 3 singles to avoid the sweep.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- This marks the fourth consecutive year Assumption has beaten Division I Holy Cross.
- Assumption returns to action on Sunday when the team hosts Adelphi at 1 pm.