- Score: Assumption 4, Adelphi 3
- Records: Assumption (2-1, NE10 1-1), Adelphi (3-1, NE10 2-1)
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: Assumption upset defending NE10 champion Adelphi with a 4-3 victory on Sunday afternoon as Maria Monje (Worcester, Mass./Holy Name) won the deciding match to seal the victory for the Hounds at No. 3 singles.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds were down to the Panthers 1-0 after losing two doubles matches, with Assumption's lone victory coming on a forfeit at No. 3 doubles.
- Valeria Sanchez (Carolina, Puerto Rico/Colegio La Piedad) won her singles match at No. 5 6-1 and 6-0 while Julia Chappell (Manchester, N.H./Manchester Central) earned a hard-fought 6-3, 6-2 win at No. 1 singles. The Hounds earned a win by default at No. 6 anf Monje won her singles match against Adelphi's Karen Serina 6-4 and 6-3 to clinch the win for the Hounds.
- The Hounds are back on the court Wednesday, September 26 at Merrimack at 3 p.m.