- Score: Assumption 5, Southern New Hampshire 2
- Records: Assumption (3-2, 2-2 NE10), Southern N.H. (4-4, 3-2 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: Assumption won two of three doubles matches and came away with four singles victories behind some impressive depth to take down Southern New Hampshire 5-2 on Saturday afternoon in NE10 action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption started the match strong by winning No. 2 and No. 3 doubles. Camille Latoni (San Juan, P.R. / Academia Maria Reina) and Paige Benoit (Holden, Mass. / St. Peter Marian) came away with a 6-4 win at No. 2 while Valeria Sanchez (Carolina, P.R. / Colegio La Piedad) and Ana Escudero (Rockville, Md. / Richard Montgomery) secured a 6-2 victory.
- Escuerdo didn't drop a point in singles as she captured a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 6, while Sanchez only gave up one in her 6-0, 6-1 victory in fifth flight singles. Latoni secured the overall win with a 6-1, 6-1 win at No. 4 singles while sophomore Julia Chappell (Manchester, N.H. / Manchester Central) remained undefeated with a 6-4, 5-7, 10-7 win at No. 1 singles.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption's win over Southern New Hampshire was their first over the Penmen in over a decade. The win also brings the Hounds back to 2-2 in NE10 action.
QUOTE FROM THE COACH:
"It was a huge win today over a talented SNHU team. Everyone contributed in different ways and it was a real all-around team win. We came into today following a tough loss on Thursday and I'm really proud of how the girls responded and rallied around each other to pull off the win today." – Head Coach Megan Pirez
- Assumption returns to action on Tuesday when the team hosts Bentley at 3:30 pm.