- Score: Assumption 7, American International 0
- Records: Assumption (7-2, 6-2 NE10), Saint Anselm (3-9, 2-6 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H.
- The Lead: Assumption recorded its fifth consecutive victory on Sunday, earning a 7-0 sweep of American International at home.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds opened the day with three convincing wins in doubles action. Julia Chappell (Manchester, N.H. / Manchester Central) and Maria Monje (Worcester, Mass. / Holy Name) had a 6-1 victory No. 1 singles while the duo of Camille Latoni (San Juan, P.R. / Academia Maria Reina) and Paige Benoit (Holden, Mass. / St. Peter Marian) posted a 6-0 sweep in the second flight. Assumption also had a 6-2 win at No. 3 doubles.
- In the bottom half of Assumption's singles the Hounds allowed just a single point. Freshman Ana Escudero (Rockville, Md. / Richard Montgomery) and sophomore Valeria Sanchez (Carolina, P.R. / Colegio La Piedad) both had 6-0, 6-0 wins at No. 6 and No. 5 singles. Latoni added a 6-0, 6-1 win at fourth flight singles.
- Chappell maintained her perfect singles record and has just dropped one set, following her 6-3, 6-3 win at the No. 1 spot. Monje had a 6-0, 6-1 victory in third flight singles, while Benoit needed three sets to secure a 6-1, 5-7, 10-8 win at No. 2 singles for the complete sweep.
- Assumption went 4-0 last week and returns to action on Wednesday when the team travels to New Haven for a 4:30 p.m. contest.