- Event: David Hemery Valentine Invitational – Feb. 8
- Location: Boston University (Boston, Mass.)
- Event: URI Coaches Tribute Invitational – Feb. 9
- Location: University of Rhode Island (Providence, R.I.)
- The Lead: Assumption broke three school records over the course of the weekend and had a number of impressive finishes in a pair of meets in the team's final tune-up before the NE10 Championships next Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In Friday's action, freshman Claudia Koontz (Concord, Mass. / Concord-Carlisle) put forth a strong showing against some of the top talent in the region in the 400 meters and set a new school record in the event. Her time of 58.19 seconds broke Greta Scott's old mark from 2016 and placed her 61st overall. Madeline Iassogna (Marietta, Ga. / Blessed Trinity Catholic) placed 92nd in the event in 59.65 seconds.
- On Friday, freshman Victoria Steffon (Holden, Mass. / Wachusett Regional) broke her own school record in the 200 meters, finishing in 25.49. It broke her own school record by 0.3 seconds and she finished 44th overall in the event.
- Junior Emily Casella (Athol, Mass. / Athol) broke her own school record in the shot put, which she set earlier this year with a toss of 13.26 meters. Mikaylah Schwartz (Dracut, Mass. / Dracut) placed seventh in the event with a throw of 12.65 meters while Roxann Wint (Boston, Mass. / Newton North) was tenth (11.90). Wint then took eighth in the weight throw with a distance of 14.42 meters.
- In the long jump, senior Sarah Miller (Hanover, Mass. / Hanover) placed seventh with a distance of 5.11 meters while teammate Katherine Eckerson (Simsbury, Conn. / Westminster School) was eighth with a leap of 5.09 meters. Junior Nicole McMorrow (Milford, N.H. / Milford put forth a third place finish in the triple jump with a leap of 11.07 meters. Miller placed eighth in 10.55 meters.
- Senior Abby Jones (Arlington, Mass. / Arlington) came through with a fourth place finish in the high jump, with a height of 1.62 meters.
- Freshman Grace Corbett (Merrimack, N.H / Merrimack) placed seventh in the one mile run with her time of 5:25.21. Sophomore Elena DelloRusso (Milford, Mass. / Milford) took fifth in the 400 meters with her time of 1:03.51.
- The team returns to action on Feb. 16-17 when the Hounds compete in the NE10 Championship hosted at Smith College.