- Event: Northeast Combined Events Challenge
- Dates: April 11, 2019
- Location: New Haven, Conn.
- The Lead: Senior Abby Jones (Arlington, Mass. / Arlington) moved up two spots on the final day of competition at the Northeast Combined Events Challenge to win the heptathlon on Friday by nearly 100 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Jones trailed by 122 points entering the final three events on Friday, but outscored Kalli'ana Botelho of Quinnipiac by over 200 points to finish with her total of 4,757 points. Kira Kopec took second in 4,678 points while Botelho dropped to third with 4,651 points. Sophomore Emma Santee (Westerly, R.I. / Westerly) advanced three spots to sixth with 4,150 points.
- Jones started the day by winning the long jump by .26 meters with her leap of 5.75 meters. Santee placed fifth in the event with her mark of 5.15 meters. The sophomore then won the javelin with her throw of 34.19 meters. Jones was right behind her in second with a toss of 32.40 meters. In the 800 meter run, Jones placed sixth in 2:33.39 while Santee was eighth in 2:38.39.
- Assumption returns to action tomorrow when the team competes at the Penmen Relays, hosted by Southern New Hampshire.