- Score: Bridgeport 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Bridgeport (4-3), Assumption (0-5)
- Location: Bridgeport, Conn. (Hubbell Gym)
- The Lead: Assumption women's volleyball nearly took down Bridgeport in the second set of their match against the Knights, but fell short in the end, dropping the three set match on Firday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds had a slow start to the match with a 25-8 loss in the opening set, capped off with a nine-point run for the Knights which gave them control.
- Kellie Smith (Richland, Mich./Gull Lake) and Tess Haller (Cape Elizabeth, Maine/Cape Elizabeth) led a great comeback for the Hounds in the second set where they fell short by three points to end the set 25-22. The Hounds kept the lead and led 14-10 midway through the set before a run by Knights put them back in front for good.
- Assumption battled all the way until the end of the third set where they dropped the match to the Knights 25-19. There were three lead changes in the third with the Hounds' final points coming from blocks by Smith and Alana Hruska (Marlborough, Conn./RHAM).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Mary Campbell (Plainville, Mass./Bishop Feehan) led the Hounds in the match for kills with eight and was closely followed by Haller.
- Assumption's Kelly Dorandi (Plaistow, N.H./Methuen) had 15 digs in the match along with three assists.
- The Hounds are back on the court Saturday, September 8, at Felician University.