- Score: Southern N.H. 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Southern N.H. (2-7 overall, 1-1 NE10), Assumption (0-8 overall, 0-2 NE10)
-Location: Manchester, N.H. (Spirou Field House)
- The Lead: Assumption volleyball fought hard through three sets with strong efforts from Brenna Chrisom (Dover, N.H./Saint Thomas Aquinas) and Alexandra Krawczyk (East Patchogue, N.Y./Bellport) but in the end it just was not enough and the Hounds lost 3-0 to Southern N.H.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the first set there were eight times where the set was tied. Assumption started the set 2-0 before Southern N.H. went on a five-point run. The Hounds were able to combat the run with two three-point runs themselves making the set 5-5 at one point and then 15-14 at another, but ended just short 25-21.
- The Penman started out strong in the second set with a 5-0 run. The Hounds were able to come back and make the set 5-3 before the Penman grew their lead to 8-3. The set was back and forth from that point on with the Hounds just not able to make up ground and lost the set 25-18.
- The Hounds started off strong in the third set taking a 2-0 lead. The Penman later went on a six-point streak making the set 10-4. The Hounds answered and were able to get within two when the set was 19-17. The Hounds would come up short in the end losing the set 25-19.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Krawczyk led the Hounds in assists with 22 on the day along with tallying two kills and seven digs.
- Alana Hruska (Marlborough, Conn./RHAM) led the Hounds in kills with eight and was followed by Smith who had seven.
- The Hounds are back in action on Tuesday, September 18, on their home court at 7 p.m.