- Score: Assumption 3, Saint Michael's 0
- Records: Assumption (1-8 overall, 1-2 NE10), Saint Michael's (0-5 overall, 0-1 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption took control in the first two sets to get Saint Michael's College on their heels and fought a comeback by the Purple Knights in the third set to secure their first win on the season, 3-0, on Tuesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds came out to a strong start in the first set, taking the lead 3-0 and did not lose the lead the entire set. Assumption strung together an 11-point run to take the lead 24-12 and eventually win the set 25-13.
- The second set was back and forth with the Hounds keeping the lead the entire time. They put together a 4-0 run to increase their lead to 20-8 and then defended against the Purple Knights 7-0 answer in order to take the set 25-16.
- The Hounds took a 5-1 lead to start the third set only to be answered valiantly by the Purple Knights. Assumption took the lead 20-12 before the Purple Knights started their comeback. The Purple Knights rallied for a four-point run to make the score 20-16 and continued to battle until the end, before the Hounds took the set 25-21 to capture the match 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman Alexandra Krawczyk (East Patchogue, N.Y./Bellport) recorded the most assists in the match with 22, along with four digs, one kill and one block.
- Assumption's Brenna Chrisom (Dover, N.H./Saint Thomas Aquinas) led the Hounds with 13 digs while Smith recorded 11. Saint Michael's Tanner Barton led the match in digs with 15.
- The Hounds are back on their home court for a match up with Adelphi on Saturday, September 22 at 1 p.m.