- Score: Southern Connecticut 3, Assumption 1
- Records: Southern Connecticut (8-10, NE10 2-2), Assumption (1-10, NE10 1-4)
- Location: New Haven, Conn. (Pelz Gym)
- The Lead: Assumption took Southern Connecticut to four sets after winning the second 25-20 only to fall short in the fourth and lose the match 3-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption started out with the first point of the first set to be answered by Southern Connecticut with a five-point run to take the lead 5-1. The Owls put together six-point and four-point rallies to take the first set 25-7.
- The second set had a total of eight lead changes with the Hounds never getting behind more than a point. The Hounds made a 5-0 run at the end to take the set 25-20.
- The Owls came out strong in the third set 9-1. The Hounds answered back getting the score within five at 16-11. Southern Connecticut then took over with a five-point run to take the lead 21-12 which the Hounds could not back bounce back from and would lose the set 25-14.
- The fourth set was much like the second set with three lead changes. The Hounds rallied with three straight points to make the set tied at 18 only to be answered by an Owl's five-point run to end the set 25-20.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman Alexandra Krawczyk (East Patchogue, N.Y./Bellport) led the Hounds in assists on the night with 20 while Southern Connecticut's Kailyn O'Neal led the match with 21.
- Both Kellie Smith (Richland, Mich./Gull Lake) and Brenna Chrisom (Dover, N.H./Saint Thomas Aquinas) had fourteen digs on the night while Krawczyk and Ariana Orcera (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico/Colegio Marista) both added eight.
- Mary Campbell (Plainville, Mass./Bishop Feehan) led the Hounds in kills with nine followed by Smith with eight and Orcera with seven.
- The Hounds are back home for their next match against Le Moyne at 12 p.m. Saturday, September 29.