- Score: Assumption 3, Merrimack 1
- Records: Assumption (2-13, 2-7 NE10), Merrimack (5-14, 3-4 NE10)
- Location: Andover, Mass. (Hammel Court)
- The Lead: Assumption took control of the match early, they won the first set 25-20, and then bounced back from a second set loss to take the next two sets (25-20, 25-21) and defeat Merrimack 3-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds came out strong in the first set and took the lead 2-0, which they never gave it up. Assumption defended a Merrimack 3-0 run, which tied the set at 19. The Hounds then went on a 5-0 run themselves and won the set 25-20.
- After falling in the second set 25-22, the Hounds bounced back and took control in the third set. Assumption jumped on the Warriors with a 4-0 stretch to make the set 4-1 and then a 5-0 run which forced the Warriors to take a timeout. The Hounds kept the momentum and took the set 25-20.
- In the fourth and final set, the Hounds rallied two 4-0 runs (9-6, 16-10), but that did not set the Warriors back. The Warriors went on their own 3-0 run on the match point only to be stopped by Waylin Walls Parker (Beecher, Ill./Beecher) who had the final kill of the set to win 25-21 and take the match 3-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption is back on their home court Tuesday, October 16 against Franklin Pierce at 7 p.m. for their blue out game.