- Score: Saint Anselm 3, Assumption 1
- Records: Saint Anselm (16-9, 7-4 NE10), Assumption (3-16, 3-10 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Stoutenburgh Gym)
- The Lead: Assumption battled in the first set to fall by five and could not recover in the remaining two sets and ultimately fell 3-0 to Saint Anselm.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The first set was back-forth-action with the set tied up four different times. The Hounds mustered up a 3-0 run to lessen Saint Anselm's lead to zero only to have the Hawks answer with their own 3-0 spurt. Assumption was unable to close the gap and fell 25-20 in the first set.
- In the second, the Hawks came out strong with a quick 4-0 run to take the lead 7-2. The Hounds could not close the gap and the Hawks went 9-0 to take the set 25-14.
- The third set was similar to the second, where the Hawks put together a 6-0 and 5-0 run back-to-back that the Hounds could not recover from and the Hawks ultimately took the set 25-11 and the match 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Senior captain Kellie Smith (Richland, Mich./Gull Lake) led the Hounds with 12 digs while also earning five kills.
- Alana Hruska (Marlborough, Conn./RHAM) led the Hounds with six kills on the day while Kelly Dorandi (Plaistow, N.H./Methuen) led the team with nine assists followed by Laine Peterson (Hawthorne, N.Y./Westlake) who earned seven.
- The Hounds are on the road at American International on Tuesday, October 30, at 7 p.m.