- Score: Mercy 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Mercy (14-16), Assumption (3-18, 3-11 NE10)
- Location: Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. (Victory Hall SC)
- The Lead: Assumption was unable to get enough momentum at the end of their sets to take the lead and fell 3-0 to Mercy.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Mercy started out strong with a 4-0 and 5-0 run to take a 9-3 lead. The Hounds would later earn their own 4-0 and 3-0 streaks to close the gap to six points, but were unable to keep the serve and lost 25-18.
- The second set was back and forth for the first twelve points for each team until the Mavericks strung a 4-0 run together to take the 16-13 lead. Mercy also put together a 5-0 streak to end the set at 25-16 and make the match 2-0 for the Mavericks.
- The third set was similar to the second with the Hounds putting together a 3-0 run to tie the set at seven apiece. Assumption closed the Mavericks' lead of five (23-18) to two (23-21) before Mercy took the set 25-23 and the match 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS: