- Score: Assumption 3, Mercy 0
- Records: Assumption (1-3), Mercy (3-3)
- Location: Easton, Mass. (Merkert Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption earns their first win of the season in a 3-0 sweep of Mercy on the road at Stonehill.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds took an early 10-7 lead over Mercy before the Mavericks tied it up at ten before going ahead by one (11-10). Assumption fought back and the two teams traded points until took over and won the first set 25-18.
- Mercy tried to take control of the second set, but Assumption went on a seven-point rally to earn an eight-point lead (17-9). The Mavericks started a comeback, but lost their momentum and dropped the second set 25-22 to Assumption.
- Assumption dominated the third set with a five-point lead (18-13) before allowing Mercy only one more point in the set and earning the victory on a 25-14 third set win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Ariana Orcera (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico/Colegio Marista) led the Hounds with nine kills while Alana Hruska (Marlborough, Conn./RHAM) earned six and both Tess Haller (Cape Elizabeth, Maine/Cape Elizabeth) and Lara Herrero (San Juan, Puerto Rico/Academia Maria Reina) recorded five apiece.
- Kyra Belden (Hollis, N.H./Hollis-Brookline High School) led with 12 assists while Danielle Zarcone (Hauppauge, N.Y./Smithtown High School West) added ten assists and tied with Alexandra Krawczyk (East Patchogue, N.Y./Bellport) for eight digs apiece.
- The Hounds are back at Stonehill for two matches against Pitt-Johnstown at 12:30 p.m. and Stonehill at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, September 15.