- Score: Le Moyne 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Le Moyne (7-6, 0-1 NE10), Assumption (3-10, 1-1 NE10)
- Location: Syracuse, N.Y. (Ted Grant Court)
- The Lead: Le Moyne scored early and often throughout all three sets for the Hounds to fall 3-0 on the road.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Le Moyne took an early 9-4 lead that forced Assumption to take a timeout in the first set. After five consecutive points for the Dolphins to give them a 22-8 lead, the Hounds battled for four points to get within ten before Le Moyne took over scoring three of the last four points of the set to take the first set 25-13.
- In the second set, the Dolphins kept their momentum from the first to earn an eight-point lead (9-1). The Hounds got within five at 11-6 and again at 16-11 and 17-12 before Le Moyne gained control with a six-point rally (23-12). The Hounds were unable to recover and dropped the second set 25-14.
- The Dolphins took an early 5-0 lead in the third set before the Hounds were able to gain some momentum and tie the set at 5-5 forcing Le Moyne to take a timeout. The set would be tied three more times before Le Moyne scored eight straight to earn a 21-13 lead. Assumption was only able to score two more points before the Dolphins took the set 25-12 and the match 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Tess Haller (Cape Elizabeth, Maine/Cape Elizabeth) led the Hounds with four kills while also recording five digs and one assist.
- Both Lara Herrero (San Juan, Puerto Rico/Academia Maria Reina) and Waylin Walls Parker (Beecher, Ill./Beecher) tallied two kills while Kyra Belden (Hollis, N.H./Hollis-Brookline Regional) recorded three assists, three digs and one kill.
- The Hounds are back home on Friday, October 4 against Bentley at 7 p.m.