- Score: Bentley 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Bentley (13-4, 2-0 NE10), Assumption (3-11, 1-3 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: After a close first set, the Bentley Falcons took control and won out the final two to down the Hounds 3-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Bentley took a 7-4 lead over the Hounds before Assumption scored three-straight to tie the set at 7's. The set was tied three more times before the Falcons scored seven unanswered points to take a 19-13 lead and eventually took the set 25-18.
- The Hounds scored the first two points of the second set before Bentley put together six points for a 6-2 lead. The Falcons put together five more points to extend their lead to seven (11-4). The Hounds fought back to get within four twice (14-10, 15-11) before the Falcons took the momentum and won the set 25-14 and go up 2-0 in the match.
- In the third set, the Falcons kept their momentum by scoring five-straight forcing the Hounds to take a timeout. Assumption bounced back and got within two three times (8-6, 11-9, 12-10). Both teams went back-and-forth with points until Bentley took a 20-14 lead and took the set 25-15 and ultimately winning the match 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Ariana Orcera (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico/Colegio Marista) earned 12 digs in the match while both Alexandra Krawczyk (East Patchogue, N.Y./Bellport) and Brenna Chrisom (Dover, N.H./Saint Thomas Aquinas) added nine digs apiece.
- The Hounds are back home on Tuesday, October 8 at 7 p.m. against Southern New Hampshire.