- Score: Stonehill 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Stonehill (15-8, 8-3 NE10), Assumption (3-18, 1-9 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption scored 22 points in the first set but were unable to earn the win and came up short in the third set when the Skyhawks won 26-24 and ultimately won the match 3-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Stonehill took a quick 2-0 lead in the first set before the set became tied eleven different times. The Hounds fought back from a 20-16 deficit with four unanswered points to tie the set at 20. The two teams then traded points before the Skyhawks gained some momentum and took the set 25-22.
- In the second set, Stonehill scored the first six points, forcing the Hounds to take a timeout. The Skyhawks came back out and eventually earned a 12-point lead (22-10) before Assumption was able to string a significant amount of points together. The Hounds scored four-straight to get within eight (22-14) before Stonehill ended the set 25-15.
- The Hounds took a quick 2-0 lead in the third and extended their lead to four (7-3) before the Skyhawks answered with four-straight to tie the set at eight apiece. Stonehill tied the set again at ten before Assumption was able to secure a two-point lead (12-10). Stonehill fought their way back with four consecutive points to take a two-point lead themselves (16-14). The two teams traded points the remainder of the set until Stonehill was able to get two in a row to earn the 26-24 set victory and the 3-0 match win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Alana Hruska (Marlborough, Conn./RHAM) led the Hounds with nine kills followed by Ariana Orcera (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico/Colegio Marista) and Mary Campbell (Plainville, Mass./Bishop Feehan) who both tallied six.
- Danielle Zarcone (Hauppauge, N.Y./Smithtown High School West) hit a career high 21 assists tonight while Laine Peterson (Hawthorne, N.Y./Westlake) led the Hounds with 14 digs followed by Orcera who tallied 13.
- The Hounds are back home on Saturday, November 9, at 1 p.m. against Southern Connecticut for the senior day.