- Results/Location: 4th of 8 teams; Meet was run at Saint Anselm College in Manchester, N.H.
- The Lead: Sophomore Antonia Pagliuca (Peabody, Mass. / Peabody Veteran's Memorial) was the first Hound to cross on Saturday morning at the Shacklette Invitational as she finished fourth overall at the event. As a team, the Hounds placed fourth out of eight in the event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Pagliuca finished with a time of 19:07 in today's 5k event, scoring first for the Hounds as she also placed fourth for the second straight season at the Shacklette.
- The second scorer for Assumption was freshman Sara Amato (North Attleboro, Mass./Bishop Feehan), as she finished with a time of 19:32 to cross in 12th place. She was the sixth freshman overall in the meet.
- The last three scorers for the Hounds finished within an eight-second span as senior Lili Urso (Shrewsbury, Mass./Shrewsbury) was the first in 27th place at 20:27. Sophomore Courtney Fisher (Peterborough, N.H./Contoocook Valley Regional) and freshman Elizabeth Sullivan (New Bedford, Mass./Bishop Stang) each crossed in 20:35, placed 28th and 29th overall, respectively.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
- The average time for the top five runners was 20:03.20.
- Antonia Pagliuca improved her time 19 seconds from the 2014 event as she finished in 19:07 on Saturday.
- Assumption is back in action on Saturday, September 19th as the Hounds travel to the UMass Dartmouth Invitational in Dartmouth, Mass.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the cross country team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.