- Results/Location: 8th of nine teams / Hopkinton State Fairgrounds, Hopkinton, N.H.
- The Lead: The Assumption College women's cross country team finished eighth at the Bruce Kirsh Cross Country Cup on Friday afternoon at the Hopkinton State Fairgrounds, hosted by Franklin Pierce. This meet is a chance for runners to see the course before the NCAA Regional on November 8th as the Hounds held out their usual varsity runner in the event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Megan Corbeil (North Smithfield, R.I./Mount Saint Charles Academy) lead was the first to finish for the Hounds, taking 16th place with a time of 15:42 and a mile pace of 6:19.
- The second finisher for Assumption was junior Ashley Pereira (Fairhaven, Mass./Fairhaven), crossing the finnish line at 16:01 to earn her 28th place.
- Sophomore Shauna Maresh (Tolland, Conn. / Tolland) finished next for the Hounds with a total time of 16:11, taking 39th place out of the 101 runners in the 4K.
- The last two scorers for the Greyhounds were sophomores Mariah Trainor (Orlando, Fla./Edgewater) and Chandler O'Brien (Naples, Fla./Saint John Neumann). Trainor took 50th with a time of 16:25 and O'Brien finished just 15 seconds later at 16:40 to earn 57th place.
- Assumption is back in action on Sunday, October 25th as the Hounds travel to Colchester, Vt., for the Northeast-10 Championship at Saint Michael's College.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the women's cross country team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.