- Results/Location: 6th of 31 Teams/Hopkinton N.H.
- The Lead: The Assumption College women's cross country team finished sixth out of the 31 teams at the NCAA Regionals on Sunday in Hopkinton, N.H. Sophomore Antonia Pagliuca (Peabody, Mass./Peabody Veteran's Memorial) remained the front runner for the Hounds, finishing ninth with a time of 22:00.5 to set a new personal best and earn All-Region honors for the second straight season. The sixth-place finish as a team equals the program's best-ever finish in the NCAA Regionals.
HOW IT HAPPENED
-The second scorer for the Greyhounds was Megan Corbeil (North Smithfield, R.I./Mount Saint Charles Academy), crossing at 22:59 to take 34th place.
- Freshman Sara Amato (North Attleboro, Mass./Bishop Feehan) was next to finish for Assumption, taking 42nd place with a time of 23:16.6.
- Junior Rachel Avard (Manchester, N.H./Manchester West) and freshman Jacqueline Ryan (Wilmington, Mass./Wilmington) were the last two scorers for Assumption, finishing just two seconds apart. Avard took 55th place out of 186 runners with a time of 23:41.8, while Ryan finished right after at 23:43.5 in 56th place.
- The Hounds put together one of the team's fastest races as a program, with personal bests from nearly the entire lineup.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the women's cross country team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.