- Results/Location: 1st out of 40 teams / Meet was run at UMass Dartmouth
- The Lead: The Assumption College women's cross country team claimed the UMass Dartmouth Invitational today, just nipping Trinity and Brandeis with a score of 56.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior's Antonia Pagliuca (Peabody, Mass. / Peabody Veteran's Memorial) and Courtney Fisher (Peterborough, N.H. / Contoocook Valley Regional) each recorded a top seven finish, as Pagliuca placed third with a time of 18:06.94 and Fisher placed seventh in 18:42.52.
- Junior Megan Corbeil (North Smithfield, R.I. / Mount Saint Charles Academy) was the next to finish as she raced to a tenth place finish with a time of 18:50.38, while freshman Kialeigh Marston (Standish, Maine / Bonny Eagle) finished in 15th with a time of 19:05.04.
- Senior Elizabeth Sullivan (New Bedford, Mass. / Bishop Stang) and junior Charlotte Allen (West Bridgewater, Mass. / West Bridgewater) rounded out the top six as they placed 21st and 29th, respectively. Sullivan finished in 19:12.08, while Allen completed the course in 19:21.12.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
- The Hounds placed three runners in the top ten and four in the top 15 as they raced their way to the championship.
- Assumption finished first with a total time of 1:33.56, as Trinity placed second (87 points), Brandeis third (99 points), Holy Cross fourth (153 points) and New Paltz rounded out the top five with a score of 251.
- Assumption returns to action on Friday, September 22, as the Hounds compete in the Worcester City Championship.