- Results/Location: 2nd out of 20 teams / Meet was run in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- The Lead: The Assumption College women's cross country team placed second out of 20 schools at the Paul Short Invitational today, scoring 89 points, just seven shy of first place.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Antonia Pagliuca (Peabody, Mass. / Peabody Veteran's Memorial) paced the Hounds today, as she raced to a fifth place finish with a time of 21:36. Sophomore Kialeigh Marston (Standish, Maine / Bonny Eagle) was the next to finish for Assumption, placing 13th in 22:18. Senior Courtney Fisher (Peterborough, N.H. / Contoocook Valley Regional) finished just a second behind Marston, coming in 15th place with a time of 22:19.
- Junior Megan Corbeil (North Smithfield, R.I. / Mount Saint Charles Academy) also registered a top 20 finish, placing 17th overall with a time of 22:20.
- Junior Charlotte Allen (West Bridgewater, Mass. / West Bridgewater), Senior Elizabeth Sullivan (New Bedford, Mass. / Bishop Stang) and junior Sara Amato (North Attleboro, Mass. / Bishop Feehan) rounded out the finishers, finishing with times of 22:46, 23:37 and 24:15, respectively good for 39th, 82nd and 108th place.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
- The Hounds placed four runners within the top 20 of the race out of 167 competitors.
- Assumption finished in second with 89 points, as Edinboro claimed first with a score of 81.
- Assumption returns to action on Saturday, October 7, as the Hounds compete in the New England Championship.