- Results: 12th of 28
- Location: Boston, Mass. (Franklin Park)
- The Lead: Facing a tough field the Hounds were the fourth fastest non-Division I school and took 12th overall as they had two runners place in the top-50 overall on Saturday in the NEICAA Championships at Franklin Park.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Antonia Pagliuca (Peabody, Mass. / Peabody Veteran's Memorial) was the top Division II finisher in the entire race and placed 16th overall with her time of 18:26.5 for a pace of 5:56.1 in the 5k. Classmate Courtney Fisher (Peterborough, N.H. / Contoocook Valley Regional) was second on the team and 47th with her time of 19:02.6.
- Sophomore Kialeigh Marston (Standish, Maine / Bonny Eagle) placed 61st overall and third for the Hounds in 19:12.9 while senior Megan Corbeil (North Smithfield, R.I. / Mount Saint Charles Academy) finished in 19:37.6. Charlotte Allen (West Bridgewater, Mass. / West Bridgewater) rounded out the top five runners by taking 93rd in a time of 19:43.5, over 20 seconds faster than her time a year ago in the same race.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption finished second among Division II schools with 302 points as Stonehill took first and 10th overall with a score of 266. New Hampshire won the event in 138:38 while Boston College and MIT made up the top three.
- The Hounds finished ahead of Rhode Island (13), Yale (14) and UMass-Lowell (15). They also finished seven places higher than last year and their total time was just 30 seconds behind Stonehill.
- Assumption returns to action on Sunday, Oct. 22 when the team competes in the NE10 Championship in Westfield, Mass.