- Results: 2nd out of 15 teams
- Event: NE10 Championship held at Stanley Park
- The Lead: The Assumption College women's cross country team, ranked second in the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Association (USTFCCCA) Division II East Region poll, finished second place at the 2017 NE10 Cross Country Championship held at Stanley Park this afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Antonia Pagliuca (Peabody, Mass. / Peabody Veteran's Memorial) led for the majority of the race, ultimately finishing in second place with a time of 21:49.92. Classmate Courtney Fisher (Peterborough, N.H. / Contoocook Valley Regional) also had an outstanding afternoon for the Hounds, as she recorded a top-5 finish, placing fourth in 22:13.02.
- Sophomore Kialeigh Marston (Standish, Maine / Bonny Eagle) raced her way to a seventh place finish with a time of 22:21.09, passing two runners within the last 15 yards. Senior Megan Corbeil (North Smithfield, R.I. / Mount Saint Charles Academy) and Junior Charlotte Allen (West Bridgewater, Mass. / West Bridgewater) continued the trend of strong performances for the Hounds, as they both earned All-Conference honors after finishing 11th and 17th with times of 22:28.34 and 22:40.35, respectively.
- Senior Elizabeth Sullivan (New Bedford, Mass. / Bishop Stang) and junior Sara Amato (North Attleboro, Mass. / Bishop Feehan) were the next two Hounds to cross the line, as they placed 34th and 55th with times of 23:24.55 and 24:07.15, respectively.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
- Assumption finished second with 41 total points, falling two points short of first place. Stonehill claimed their ninth straight NE10 Championship, finishing with 39 points, while Merrimack placed third (157 points), Le Moyne fourth (160 points) and AIC fifth (165 points).
- Assumption returns to action November 4th, when they travel to Buffalo, N.Y. to compete in the NCAA East Regional Championship.