- Results: 5th/8 Teams
- Location: Stanley Quarter Park (New Britain, Conn.)
- The Lead: Assumption received a top-eight performance from junior Kialeigh Marston (Standish, Maine / Bonny Eagle) to help the Hounds place fifth against a number of Division I teams at the Ted Owen Invitational on Saturday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Marston placed sixth overall in the event with a time of 18:52, just two seconds out of fifth place. Freshman Grace Corbett (Merrimack, N.H. / Merrimack) was second Assumption runner to cross, placing 22nd overall in 19:45.1, while Meghan Slinskey (Fishkill, N.Y. / Our Lady of Lourdes) finished strong in 26th with a time of 19:54.3.
- Sophomore Lauren Kuhns (Homer, Alaska / Homer) was the fourth Hound runner to finish as she placed 30th with a time of 20:06.1. Freshman Sydney McCann (South Dennis, Mass. / Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) rounded out the runners, finishing with the same exact time of Kuhns while placing one spot behind her in 31st.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption had 115 points to take fifth and edged NJIT who had 161. Sacred Heart won the event with 41 while host Central Connecticut had 48.
- Assumption returns to action on Oct. 6 when the team races at the New England Championships in Franklin Park.