- Result: 4th of 27 Teams
- Location: Bethpage, N.Y. (Bethpage Polo Grounds)
- The Lead: Assumption received an impressive top-five performance from junior Kialeigh Marston (Standish, Maine / Bonny Eagle) as the Hounds placed fourth overall at the NCAA East Region Championship on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Marston put forth a career-best effort, taking fourth in the event and finishing just two seconds out of third with her time of 22:28.3 in the 8K event. It was enough to qualify her individually for the NCAA Championships in two weeks. Freshman Sydney McCann (South Dennis, Mass. / Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) was the second-fastest Hound for the second straight race, placing 28th in a time of 23:37.1.
- Fellow classmate Grace Corbett (Merrimack, N.H. / Merrimack) took 34th in the event with a time of 23:47.8, while sophomore Lauren Kuhns (Homer, Alaska / Homer) was the fourth Assumption runner to cross, placing 49th with a time of 24:29.4. Second-year Tressa Novack (Scotch Plains, N.J. / Union Catholic) was fifth in 24:54.7, taking 62nd overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Stonehill reclaimed the Regional Championship, as the Hounds won it a year ago, with 58 points. They just edged out Roberts Wesleyan, who had 63 points and Merrimack who took third with 111 points. Assumption was fourth with 177, while Saint Rose rounded out the top five with 204.